Blog tweaks

I've been busy the past few days making small tweaks to my blog. It feels a lot more... coherent now. Some of the things I've changed:

- Added a webfont from Google's font directory. Headers, navigation links and other text matches the title image now. The one I used was 'Orbitron'.

- Blogroll will only show on the homepage, so it won't vertically stretch post pages!

-Installed an updated version of the "Recent Posts" widget. This one is formatted much better.

- Moved post data and labels links to the top of the post, under the header.

- Made the comment box wider

- Added a few small graphics, such as a post divider.

- Spruced up the About page a little. It's done in pure CSS, my favourite <3. In the process, I found out that webkit browsers render rounded borders in a very silly way. (This is a great page about how each browser handles rounded edges.)

In Firefox:
In Chrome:

In IE:

- Replaced the Google search bar with Blogger's ordinary search because it's smarter, and thus removed Blogger's top navigation frame.

The major thing left on my to-do list is to reformat the comments section so it actually matches the theme of the blog.

I'm halfway through a big post on tweaking Blogger blogs - little fixes that just make them better and more usable, like collapsing the archives widget and how to properly insert photos into posts. :D

3 things about

Blog tweaks
  1. Shame that it doesn't work all the way on Chrome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you can see, there's a reason I have a comment about IE on my About. :P

    I'm holding out for the next Webkit/Chrome update. Usually they're very good about CSS3 standards. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2012 Phile not Found. See About
Powered by Blogger

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."