Go Fish reinvented

My younger sister, who is six years old, is currently sitting on a hotel bed eating chips and watching Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (one of my favourite movies, by the way).

A few minutes earlier she was playing Go Fish with me. Or at least, we were playing what she calls Go Fish.

"We start with five cards each," she says. "Oh, and one Old Maid. The Old Maid goes into the pond."

I deal out five cards to each of us. We each eliminate the pairs in our dealt hands. "Do I draw new cards?" I ask, and she tells me, "No. Now I pick a card from your hand!"

She picks a card. I pick one from her hand. She takes one of mine, and I take another of hers. We make a few pairs, until we're left with one card each. "Oh." she says, puzzled. "None of us have the Old Maid. When you get the Old Maid you take new cards. I guess we pick up new cards anyway."

Okay.
Whatever you say hon.

I never did learn how one wins in her version of Go Fish, and I suspect that she didn't even know.

I always wonder what the world looks like to a child. My guess is batshit fucking crazy.

5 things about

Go Fish reinvented
  1. Awwwww, wow, you have a young sister! I love that movie too, BTW. It is so uplifting, and touching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of the "I Win" scene in Big Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah. My mother runs a day care from her home. Whenever I visit, I keep trying to teach these kids how to play Snap, but they haven't got a clue. They just keep picking cards up at random.

    My World Toddler Poker Tournament is gonna have to go on hold for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My and my sister managed to invent a new gambling card game this way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Just wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Stylish Blogger award! :) http://modestimages.blogspot.com/2011/03/blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2012 Phile not Found. See About
Powered by Blogger

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."