It's not you, blog, it's me

My dearest blog,

I know I've been neglecting you lately, and I'm sorry. There haven't been any late nights with soda and cookies and moral outrage. There haven't been any "I'm almost done!"s while T waits impatiently for us to eat supper. I haven't obsessively polished and coded and tweaked your beautiful face for some time. I haven't excitedly jotted down interesting topics or played with paragraph wording in my head.

I don't know what the problem is. I have things to say, but I don't have the words to say it. I could easily resort to listing "the things I did today" - T graduated, I made a dress, I saw his aunts stoned and drunk, I gave the rabbits a giant box... on and on - but it feels too hollow to write about. I've been sort of floating about, aimlessly. Blogging is a grounding activity for me, and it's hard to get in the right mindset when I'm floating upside-down above the clouds.

BUT.

I will make a conscious effort to work on our relationship, blog. If you're willing to be patient and forgive me for my neglect, I think we can get back what we once had. Are you with me?

I'm glad to hear it.

xoxoxox <3 <3 <3



And now for something completely different



6 things about

It's not you, blog, it's me
  1. The past week I have been neglecting my blog too. Only for the fact of course that is has been an extremely busy week for me haha. I plan to change that and give my blog the attention it needs this week though =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first it was because I was busy. But then it was out of laziness and boredom. So be careful! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get this problem where I don't write on mine for a while, and then I feel like I need to make up for my absence with some kind of epic post, and then I get overwhelmed by my "epic post" ambitions, and then it's... bad.

    No worries, though. I'll still be here when you get back into the shwing of things : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny...I got a similar note, but it was from my blog and it said: "It's not me, it's you!"

    Hard to recover from that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. April: YES I had the same problem. I kept thinking, "I need to come back with something super amazing and just nonchalantly drop it on my blog like nothing ever happened. Err... umm... what... hmm." In the end I had to post something to break the ice...

    Stu: My blog has a little more tact than yours does. Mine just kind of sulks in the corner looking hurt. ;)

    Bio: YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2012 Phile not Found. See About
Powered by Blogger

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."