...Engaged!


Well, ladies and gentlemen, it's official! T and I are soulbound engaged! <3

He's so bad at keeping secrets. I can read him like a first grade primer. I've known what he was up to for two months now. What gave it away? Well, it could have been him insisting on me getting my ring size. It could have been his sudden interest in jewelry stores around New Year's Eve and Valentine's Day. Or, it might have been that time that he called me over to look at an online jewelry store to point out my favourite engagement rings. We'll never know for sure.

Poor thing got the ring in the mail on Tuesday and moped around the house for an hour after class before exclaiming, "I can't wait any longer! I'll explode!" He had been planning on waiting until today (because March 1st is a nice, simple date), but barely made it through half a day.

It's a beautiful ring. I love the symbolism of two hearts entwined. I've never been a fan of traditional engagement rings, so he did a great job picking it out. He's such a sweetie, and he knows me so well... We've been together for almost four years now. We've also been planning on getting married for a while, but it was always a distant "in the future" thing. Not so much any more!

What I didn't realize is how scary it is to have something so expensive just sitting on your finger. I'm so afraid I'm going to lose or damage it! I tried to eat a hamburger and didn't want to let the (delicious) juices drip all over the ring, but I didn't want to take it off lest I leave it on the tray and accidentally throw it away. I'm hoping that part goes away soon!


13 things about

...Engaged!
  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Legs! I think it's beautiful, too. He did a good job picking.

      Delete
    2. He sure did. Out of pure curiosity, where did he order it from? We don't get much out of the ordinary around here, and I'm just wondering, out of curiosity, where there might be a more varied selection.

      Delete
    3. http://www.ice.com/

      They have a pretty nice selection, and the prices are reasonable (for being precious gemstones). The shipping was about normal for an American company shipping to Canada.

      Delete
  2. I love the ring congratulations x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! That's so exciting. Now you can face picking out a dress!! (bum bum BUM)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (that's 28 '!'s - a perfect number...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!! I'm pretty sure the first post I ever read on your blog was your ideas for a wedding. You two are going to have so much fun with this! Plus (coming from a once-skeptic), being married is actually super awesome and definitely somehow different from just being committed/living together. I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I am having a lot of fun! I know what colors I want, and I THINK I've got a loose theme in mind (BEES! HONEY! the PUNS oh god, the PUNS!) One of T's cousins is getting married next summer, so I also have someone to gush over wedding stuff with :3

      And hey, if you are a happily married once-skeptic, maybe there IS something to the marriage thing after all!

      Delete

Copyright 2012 Phile not Found. See About
Powered by Blogger

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."