Believe me, I am still alive!

The past few months have been quite a thing. I got through finals and will be graduating in a couple of weeks (though the official confirmation doesn't come 'til next week, which leaves just enough room for my paranoia to kick in!). I'll be full-time job hunting soon. We're moving to a new apartment on the first of June, so I've been cleaning and organizing in preparation for that. I've already tossed ten bags of garbage and put the same amount of plastic bins into storage... and that was only about 1/3 of all the stuff. Yesterday, I cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom - even under the fridge. (Well, except the the bit of wall near the ceiling that I couldn't reach). Now I only have four rooms to go!

I've been making an ever-growing list of things that I think would make our apartment so much easier to live in... it's smaller than this place by a significant amount, so things will have to be quite viciously organized if we're going to not be drowning in clutter. I'm really excited to move into a place where it feels "worth it" to put effort into decorating because it's not dingy and run-down. I think we'll even paint a few walls!

We also gave the aquarium some much-needed love. We replaced the ballast and lights, so now we actually have enough light for the plants. T bought a proper compressed C02 diffuser, also for the plants. We scrubbed the driftwood, rocks and gravel to get rid of the gross moss. We swapped out the Amazon Sword for several smaller plants. We also got shrimp again! I love shrimp, they're my favourite part about aquariums. Here, have a photo of a discarded shrimp skin (from before we cleaned the moss):


We all started playing League of Legends again, and T picked up Magic the Gathering. I've played a few games of Magic with him by quickly building a deck. It's a pretty fun game, but I'm definitely not as "into" it as he is. I've been re-watching Cardcaptor Sakura, and got a pack of Clow cards to match the Sakura cards I got last time I watched the series. I've begun thinking about how one would go about making a screen-accurate leather-bound Clow book. Similar to my Pocahontas costume, I have yet to find anyone who put the effort into making a Clow book prop that was screen-accurate and "realistic."

I've been doing research on web-accessibility, so I can better understand what kinds of support I should be providing on my blog for alternative browsers and screen readers. I've also been gathering information on light SEO techniques; nothing hard core, just a few best practices such as meta markup that will make things easier on the bots. I really enjoy this kind of project. :)

Oh, and I made an apron following this free apron pattern. It's the first time I've done bias tape binding; it was way easier than I thought it would be! I screwed up in a few spots, but it's nothing a little hand stitching couldn't fix. I'm super happy with it and wear it all the time! It's really feminine, and was a great use for an otherwise awkwardly-colored bit of cotton fabric.


3 things about

Believe me, I am still alive!
  1. Good to hear you are alive! Congratulations on your upcoming graduation. Good luck with your job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stu! Thank you so much! I think I'll definitely need the luck, because to say I don't interview well would be like saying the ocean is a little damp. Oh well, I'll just practice and study a lot.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your post on bloggeries:)
    I'm going to starry following you, hope you do the same:-)
    My blog: www.bisbookblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2012 Phile not Found. See About
Powered by Blogger

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."